Thursday, June 4, 2009

The start of June, the start of classes

Technically, it's still another three weeks or so until we'll be in London, but the start of June also ushered in the start of summer classes. Monday night was the first official online meeting of the LN85 summer program participants, and it was nice to be able to meet the group, even if the meeting aspect was limited to brief self-introductions online. It's both a little scary and exciting to think that in just a few weeks, we'll all be meeting in person in England and living--at least temporarily--in London.

In the meantime, though, assignment due dates and work at the "e" make it seem like any other semester of school on a day-to-day basis. My fun planning continues, especially trying to determine where to go/what to see on my free weekend there. I think my want-to-see list is much longer than the free time we will have, but at least the class destinations while in London cover a lot of must-sees there. However, there are still oodles of details to take care of, and, of course, the shoe hunt continues...

Also, I'm debating whether to take a mascot of sorts—some kind of emblem or item to chronicle through pictures during my trip. Having a 'mascot' is optional, of course, but provides a cohesive element for the photobook we each will be creating at the end of the program. I had trouble coming up with a prospective item to serve as a mascot, mostly because I don't know if there are any trademark issues if I were to select a recognizable character. I'd thought of a taking a stuffed Peep, but that fits in with the trademark questions. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment