Friday, June 26, 2009

A tour of the flat

From security meetings and morning orientation to an informal walking tour of Bloomsbury, we covered a lot of ground today and had some fun. Thanks to my cell phone finally working, I didn't have to go buy one this afternoon, but my flatmates and I did make a trip to the local grocery store to pick up supplies. I created a slideshow introduction to our flat, which is posted below. :)



I also added a mini slideshow in the side column of random London pictures I've taken thus far. I'll keep adding new ones as they come, but for now, the mini show includes shots from today's informal tour of Bloomsbury...


To explain the flat 10 slideshow a little, my flatmates are Myra (left in the roommate picture) and Joanna (center). Both are in the Project LEAD program at FSU. While I didn't get a picture of our tiny bathrooms (at least there are two), there is one picture of Myra trying to figure out our confusing shower faucets, one of which seems to love extremes of scalding and freezing. Our living area has three separate loveseat/sofas that face the two unplugged refridgerators and tv. The two front windows overlook Great Russell Street and the Trade Union Congress building, where the statue (pictured in the slideshow) is displayed. We got to cook in our kitchen tonight and had some initial troubles with the hob (aka stove), but everything worked out in the end and we had a nice pasta dinner. Tomorrow promises two more tour experiences of the Bloomsbury area, which is thus far lovely and a little eclectic (we're currently listening to a concert somewhere up the street through our open windows).

No comments:

Post a Comment